[Distutils] setuptools updated in CVS

Vincenzo Di Massa hawk78_it at yahoo.it
Tue Aug 9 11:53:00 CEST 2005

Hi Philip,
using your last cvs I get this error:

hawk at dimassa:~/stanzino/Projects/PythonModulePackaging/setuptools/setuptools-deb/cvs/python-setuptools-0.6a1$ python ez_setup.py -d ../tmp .
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "ez_setup.py", line 163, in ?
    main(sys.argv[1:])
  File "ez_setup.py", line 147, in main
    pkg_resources.require(req)
  File "/home/hawk/stanzino/Projects/PythonModulePackaging/setuptools/setuptools-deb/cvs/python-setuptools-0.6a1/pkg_resources.py", line 503, in require
    needed = self.resolve(parse_requirements(requirements))
  File "/home/hawk/stanzino/Projects/PythonModulePackaging/setuptools/setuptools-deb/cvs/python-setuptools-0.6a1/pkg_resources.py", line 480, in resolve
    dist = best[req.key] = env.best_match(req, self, installer)
  File "/home/hawk/stanzino/Projects/PythonModulePackaging/setuptools/setuptools-deb/cvs/python-setuptools-0.6a1/pkg_resources.py", line 638, in best_match
    dist = working_set.find(req)
  File "/home/hawk/stanzino/Projects/PythonModulePackaging/setuptools/setuptools-deb/cvs/python-setuptools-0.6a1/pkg_resources.py", line 381, in find
    if dist is not None and dist not in req:
  File "/home/hawk/stanzino/Projects/PythonModulePackaging/setuptools/setuptools-deb/cvs/python-setuptools-0.6a1/pkg_resources.py", line 2040, in __contains__
    item = item.parsed_version
  File "/home/hawk/stanzino/Projects/PythonModulePackaging/setuptools/setuptools-deb/cvs/python-setuptools-0.6a1/pkg_resources.py", line 1874, in __getattr__
    return getattr(self._provider, attr)
AttributeError: PathMetadata instance has no attribute 'parsed_version'

Thank you for your help!

Vincenzo