[Distutils] setuptools for people behind a firewall

Paul Moore p.f.moore at gmail.com
Mon Jul 11 21:54:08 CEST 2005

Ryan Tomayko <rtomayko at gmail.com> writes:

> One thing you could do is keep a bunch of eggs, .tar.gz's, exe's,
> whatever in a directory on a web server with directory indexes turned
> on and then add that page to the find_links options in you
> ~/.pydistutils.cfg file.

That's pretty neat. It's obvious in retrospect, but I never thought
of it...

> Then, just evolve a process for placing things on the behind-the-
> firewall server and you should be good.

Ah, there's the difficulty, of course :-) That's where a utility to
report the dependencies would help... (It may be pretty trivial, but I
don't see immediately how to do this - it seems to me that the current
setuptools documentation is more for *creators* of eggs, than for
*users* of them...)

Paul.
--
The trouble with being punctual is that nobody's there to appreciate
it. -- Franklin P. Jones