[Distutils] Finding only activated eggs in Environment()

Phillip J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Tue Nov 22 03:03:28 CET 2005

At 05:27 PM 11/21/2005 -0800, Rob Cakebread wrote:
>I'm using pkg_resources.Environment() to get a list of all
>eggs.
>
>Besides making a list of activated eggs with
>pkg_resources.working_set
>and comparing it with pkg_resources.Environment, is there
>a way to check if an individual egg is activated?

if someDist in working_set:
    # a distribution w/same location/version/pyversion/etc.
    # is in there

Note that distribution objects are "value" objects in the sense that you
can have dist1==dist2 be true, and dist1 is dist2 be false.  So, even if
the 'dist' object came from a different source, the 'in' test will still
return True if the dist refers to the same
location/version/pyversion/platform/etc.

>Has the setuptools cvs repository moved to svn with Python?

Yes.  For checkouts, use:

http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/trunk/setuptools

For browsing, you can also use:

http://svn.python.org/view/sandbox/trunk/setuptools