[Distutils] easy_install ./mymodule.py

Ville Vainio vivainio at gmail.com
Mon Mar 13 17:34:19 CET 2006

On 3/13/06, Phillip J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com> wrote:

> I'm not following why that would be any better.  Why not just add a
> setup.py to that directory?

It's a slight drag to create, esp. if you need to keep it up-to-date
when you make changes to directory layout, add/delete scripts etc. and
the scripts are not necessarily related to each other (each script is
standalone).

Basically what I'm saying is that I'm lazy. Perhaps if there was
find_modules and find_entrypoints (like there is find_packages now) I
wouldn't care, but now creating and maintaining a setup.py is an extra
complication.

I guess creating my own setuppy-wizard would solve this issue in a
cleaner fashion.

--
Ville Vainio - vivainio.googlepages.com
vainio.blogspot.com - g[mail | talk]='vivainio'