[Distutils] (no subject)

Philippe Normand philippe at fluendo.com
Tue Nov 21 18:05:03 CET 2006

Hi,

When I run that on a fresh checkout of my project (no build/ dir):

python setup.py install -O1 --skip-build --root tmp/

I get a nice tmp/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/mypackage.egg/
directory (zip_safe set to False in setup()). Then when I run :

python setup.py build

It creates a build/ directory as expected. Now if I run the first
command again, the packages internal to the egg are installed directly
in tmp/usr/lib/python2.4/site-packages/ ...

Is this a bug or a feature? I reproduce it with 0.6c2 (on Fedora Core 6)
and 0.6c3 (on Ubuntu Edgy) versions of setuptools.

Philippe