[Distutils] Limitations install_requires?

Jeremy Kloth jeremy.kloth at 4suite.org
Mon Oct 2 03:55:01 CEST 2006

On Sunday, October 1, 2006 7:45 pm, Joshua Boverhof wrote:
> On Oct 1, 2006, at 5:49 PM, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> > At 04:50 PM 9/29/2006 -0700, Joshua Boverhof wrote:
> >> I've had problems getting it to install these packages (python2.5,
> >> setuptools 0.6c3):
> >>
> >> packages with extensions fail:
> >>         4Suite --
>
> In any case, 4/5 of my dependencies are for one reason or another not
> compatible with setuptools.  I'll ask them to change their ways, in
> any I'm sure this battle will be easier to fight once setuptools is
> part of the standard python distribution.  I thought was slated for
> python2.5, but I've checked the release notes and I don't see mention
> of its inclusion.

4Suite goes through great lengths to support setuptools.  What are the
problems that you are having with it in regards to setuptools?  Python 2.5
and setuptools works just fine with Linux, Mac OSX and Windows.  We are
getting *VERY* close to a final release and we would like to fix any problems
you are having .

--
Jeremy Kloth
http://4suite.org/