[Distutils] [setuptools] best way to create offline install bundles?

Ronald Oussoren ronaldoussoren at mac.com
Sat Sep 9 16:36:02 CEST 2006

On Saturday, September 09, 2006, at 04:07AM, primco <primco at gmail.com> wrote:

>I would love this as well, as I'm in a situation where setuptools is
>forbidden and I need to distribute Python apps like TurboGears and Pylons
>with loads of dependencies.

Why is setuptools forbidden? Is the the automatic download of packages or is there something else?

Setuptools is more than easy_install, it is also a package that has usefull future for packages, such as entrypoints. These are used by TurboGears (and I don't know Pylons), so not installing setuptools at all isn't really an option.

Ronald