[Distutils] [setuptools] best way to create offline install bundles?

primco primco at gmail.com
Sat Sep 9 04:07:11 CEST 2006

I would love this as well, as I'm in a situation where setuptools is
forbidden and I need to distribute Python apps like TurboGears and Pylons
with loads of dependencies. What do I do to take a snapshot of the
distribution and make an RPM of it? And the second part of that, if it is
indeed a labor-intensive task, is how can it be automated? This is what
Kevin is asking, of course, but I wanted to chime in that Pylons could use
this as well and I'd be willing to work on it.

davep