[Distutils] easy_install and packages with both egg and non-egg distributions

Lloyd Kvam python at venix.com
Fri Dec 21 02:45:10 CET 2007

On Thu, 2007-12-20 at 19:18 -0500, Phillip J. Eby wrote:
> At 12:27 AM 12/21/2007 +0100, Papa Eric wrote:
> >I don't want the egg version because it does not work, import fails on
> >"zipimport.ZipImportError: can't find module 'xxx'" (yet unzipping the
> >egg the xxx packages is there, if anyone has an idea of what may be
> >missing...).
> It appears you have a corrupted egg file; could you perhaps say what
> 'xxx' stands for here?

Using Linux, I had trouble with zipped eggs when run from the web
server.  I no longer have copies of the the error messages, but they
related to permission problems with unzipping the egg.  I realize that
this error message does not seem to fit my scenario, but thought it
could be worth mentioning.

I set my distutils.cfg file to contain::

zip_ok = False