[Distutils] Question re: workingenv.py and cli.exe

Ian Bicking ianb at colorstudy.com
Tue Jan 16 15:59:14 CET 2007

Jos Yule wrote:
> I didn't know where else to address this - is there a mailing list or
> group which would be better suited to this email?

The distutils-sig group (copied) might be good.  Especially when I'm
unsure of the answer like now ;)

> First - thanks for workingenv! Very helpful.
>
> I've run into a bug when using it to install Pylons on a WinXP box,
> using easy_install.exe.
>
> When doing a "easy_install Pylons", after creating a new workingenv and
> activating it, it gets hung up on a missing cli.exe from "<workingenv
> dir>/lib/python2.4/setuptools", which on my computer is simply a
> "__init__.py" and "__init__.pyc" file. I've copied the cli.exe from
> "<workingenv dir>/\lib\python2.4\setuptools-0.6c5-py2.4.egg\setuptools".
>
> Anyway, it still seems to work, this is more of an FYI.

Hi Jos.  I'm not really sure what cli.exe is, but then I don't really
use Windows.  Maybe someone here can explain more?  Hrm... or maybe my
monkeypatch of setuptools is breaking the attempt to find cli.exe... :(

(I still really wish I didn't have to monkeypatch setuptools, but I do)