[Distutils] [zc.buildout] repeatable buildouts

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Tue Jul 15 22:31:44 CEST 2008

wow, I'm on a roll tonight ;-)

So:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/zc.buildout/1.0.6#repeatable-buildouts-controlling-eggs-used

I just don't really follow this...

Is the 'versions' name in the [buildout] section meaningful to buildout?

what are the keys in a version section? just egg versions or something else?

fwiw, most of the time I seem to use an egg recipe or something similar
to lock specific egg versions. Having the release number in the section
name seems odd, I'd expect something more like

[buildout]
versions = versions

[versions]
spam = 1
eggs = 2.2

...and then just keep the versions stuff correct on different svn
branches/tags of the buildout.

What am I missing?

cheers,

Chris