[Distutils] [zc.buildout/egg-cache] .pyc files referencing temporary location?

zooko zooko at zooko.com
Wed Jul 16 18:35:09 CEST 2008

On Jul 16, 2008, at 6:09 AM, Andreas Jung wrote:

> We have some reports from co-workers working with zc.buildout and
> an egg-cache where the .pyc files refer to temporary directories
> within the egg-cache (obviously the location where the files within
> the egg were unpacked and compiled) - something like that.
>
> P:\home\freyp\.buildout\eggs\tmp27l-TE\Products.LDAPUserFolder-2.5-
> py2.4.egg\Products\LDAPUserFolder\LDAPUserFolder.py"
>
> Is there some solution other than removing the .pyc files?

Unzip all eggs.  You can add the following stanza to your distutils
config file [1]:

[easy_install]
zip_ok=False

By the way, here is where I keep notes about problems that people
have encountered which they would not have encountered if setuptools
unzipped all eggs by default:

http://allmydata.org/trac/setuptools/ticket/4

(I ought to migrate those notes to the new official setuptools issue
tracker.)

Regards,

Zooko

[1] http://mail.python.org/pipermail/distutils-sig/2007-December/