[Distutils] upgrading buildout

whit morriss d.w.morriss at gmail.com
Mon Jul 28 17:42:47 CEST 2008

I'm perhaps running buildout in a bit of unusual fashion (from my
virtual env bin rather than the builds bin) and updated it recently from
1.0.2 to 1.1.0 to debug some issue folks were having with fresh
checkouts of one of my builds (see previous message).

I was suprised when all my zc.recipe.cmmi deps were recompiled. not a
huge deal due to the unusual circumstances, but seemed avoidable.

I realize my upgrade is dependent on my virtualenv setup and was
wondering if there is some standard way to upgrade a build's buildout
version while avoiding unnecessary rebuilding.

-w