[Distutils] Plugins for the MANIFEST file

Lennart Regebro regebro at gmail.com
Wed Apr 8 10:30:35 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 8, 2009 at 10:21, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> I agree with this. Remember: I wanted to deprecate MANIFEST.in in favor of
> a pure python description. Then people strongly objected.

How many people objected? Would it be OK to only have support for this
in an external plugin, and not in stdlib?

Again, this is of course only possible if the new distutils is called
something else, as we need backwards compatibility for a Very Long
Time if it continues to be called distutils.

--
Lennart Regebro: Pythonista, Barista, Notsotrista.
http://regebro.wordpress.com/