[Distutils] The problem with Setuptools on Python 3.

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Tue Apr 21 11:17:19 CEST 2009

On Tue, 21 Apr 2009 09:21:12 +0200, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> I had this idea of running a test server that would listen to PyPI and
> get every new package to build it and test it on various platform/python.
>
> I think this could be done right now, with how distutils works,
>
> It requires creating virtual machines and destroying them every time
> for security reasons.
>
> But it's quite a work...

I think it is very important to put this software infrastructure into
place.

or at least include it in some sort of plan going forward....

have the server farm report build bugs back to the maintainers...

I am prepared to assist with this... and perphaps cover some of the costs.

Amazon web services provide the very same virtual machines that you are
describing at extremely low cost. Otherwise it is just two much work.

Google also offer a similar thing.

David