[Distutils] Location of Packages... The Directory location, plus Documentation and Examples within a system ?

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Wed Apr 22 11:05:49 CEST 2009

On Wed, 22 Apr 2009 10:42:29 +0200, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com>
wrote:

> There's no explicit way at distutils level to point things like
> documentation,

Well I thank you for the answer. At least I have an answer from an expert..

> maybe that could be a metadata.
>
> Maybe you can propose this, by commenting ths page :
>
> http://wiki.python.org/moin/Distutils/Metadata

I would like to help but I'm not an expert in that area.

A simple answer is that it would be good if the developer of a package
could:

 - Register their documentation file ie index.html etc...

 - Register their examples directory

 - Register program executeables - (an example - ez_install.exe)
   otherwise it's easy for them to get lost.

All other information seems to be available on Pypi in the DOAP record.

Regards David