[Distutils] Where is the setuptools source repository?

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Jul 2 12:09:40 CEST 2009

P.J. Eby wrote:
> At 10:33 AM 7/1/2009 +0100, Chris Withers wrote:
>> http://svn.python.org/projects/sandbox/trunk/setuptools
>>
>> ...but this has no tags, branches, etc. So is this it?
>
> Yes.  The branches are in /sandbox/branches.

Hmmm... what's the development process? Anyone with python core
privileges can commit? What's the release process?
(I don't think I will, but if I fixed the subversion stuff for 1.6, how
would a new release go about happening?)

> (Btw, 'package_data' will cause things to get included at install time,
> but it does not put them into sdist.

Sorry for being dumb, but how is stuff going to be available at install
time if it's not included in the sdist?!

> You'll need to use MANIFEST.in or
> a revision-control plugin to get data files included in an sdist.)

OK.

Chris