[Distutils] Where is the setuptools source repository?

David Cournapeau david at ar.media.kyoto-u.ac.jp
Thu Jul 2 12:48:15 CEST 2009

Chris Withers wrote:

> Sorry for being dumb, but how is stuff going to be available at
> install time if it's not included in the sdist?!

It does if you install from sources under the VCS.

This reminds me that it would be nice for distutils to have an
equivalent to the make distcheck command in autotools, which rebuilds
the package from scratch, using the sources generated by sdist instead
of the ones checked out from the VCS. This would somewhat avoids this
kind of problem.

David