[Distutils] Announcing the 'Distribute' project

Hanno Schlichting hanno at hannosch.eu
Thu Jul 16 11:43:07 CEST 2009

Hi.

On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 2:13 AM, Tarek Ziadé<ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> We have started a new project called 'Distribute'. It's a fork of
> setuptools and its initial purpose will be to tackle
> the most annoying bugs found in setuptools 0.6c9 version.

I have fixed the Subversion 1.6 incompatibility as a first bug in the
"most annoying" category. See
http://bitbucket.org/tarek/distribute/issue/1/ for the bug report.

The excellent refactoring found in the original issue in the
setuptools bug tracker isn't applied yet. I'll do that including the
more thorough testing required for the larger change after we have
released our first 0.6 final release.

I'll go through the setuptools tracker to see if there are more very
simple bug fixes than can be made. If you know of a particular typo,
SyntaxError or any other non-controversial two-line change, feel free
to point me to them.

Hanno