[Distutils] setuptools bug: pkg_resources doesn't report packages installed in user site-packages python 2.6 windows

David Lyon david.lyon at preisshare.net
Thu Jul 16 13:42:29 CEST 2009

Under Windows XP, Python 2.6, I can install a package into my user
site-packages

ie  C:\Documents and Settings\David\Application
Data\Python\Python26\site-packages

No problem at all...

But then when I retrieve a package list...

The new packages don't get displayed in the workingset.

I can browse the directories and the files are there. I can
go into idle and import them. So they appear to be in working
order. But I just can't see them.

Any ideas?

is this supposed to be supported? or does some custom
code need to be written?

David