[Distutils] [Distribute] What versions should we support?

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Fri Jul 17 14:35:14 CEST 2009

The downloads count on http://pypi.python.org/pypi/setuptools suggest
that Python 2.4 is still slightly more popular than Python 2.5 among
non-Windows users who download their setuptools from pypi.

My TahoeLAFS project, which I hope will be an early adopter of
"Distribute", I mean "setuptools2", I mean "Zup2lsNG", currently
still supports Python 2.4, but it is a bit of a hassle and I'm hoping
to drop support for Python 2.4 before we switch to Zup2ls anyway.

Regards,

Zooko