[Distutils] [distribute] Python 3 support checked in, and fucked everything up.

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Sat Jul 18 13:33:55 CEST 2009

On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 1:27 PM, Hanno Schlichting<hanno at hannosch.eu> wrote

> From what I can tell, using named branches seems to be considered
> advanced and unusual in Mercurial. There's no need to give different
> heads names at all and using entirely different clones seems more
> usual. It's just those pesky SVN converts, which are so used to using
> branches.

I disagree, it's fine to use named branch for all our version branches.

It's much more convenient than cloning the project, and it's faster to switch
from one branch to the other to do merge work.

While cloning if fine for experimentation purposes,

I am -1 for cloning the repo for the py3k branch because it will be
our 'official' branch
at some point.

If it's required, I can write a how-to use branches for this specific project,
and set up Lennart's branch for the py3 support.

Cheers
Tarek