[Distutils] Mutual recursion between setuptools and distutils with Python 2.7

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Mon Jun 1 17:49:41 CEST 2009

At 05:39 PM 6/1/2009 +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:

> >> I think the solution is that Phillip bless someone that have time to
> >> spend on it,
> >> to work on fixing those problems in setuptools.
> >
> > It seems to be the issue here: PJE accepting to delegate
> maintenance to another
> > person or group of people. This would be a reasonable attitude.

Note that I've previously blessed Jim Fulton, although I suspect that
he doesn't fall in the "have time to spend on it" category.  To date,
he's the only person who's shown a really deep understanding of the
codebase and requirements, although Ian Bicking would probably be a
close second.

This is not to say that there isn't anyone else who fits those
criteria, just that I haven't had a chance to see that understanding
in action.  For example, Philip Jenvey has produced some good
patches, but they've all been specific to Jython issues so it's hard
to tell how broad his understanding is.