[Distutils] Mutual recursion between setuptools and distutils with Python 2.7

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 18:14:10 CEST 2009

2009/6/1 P.J. Eby <pje at telecommunity.com>:
> At 12:08 AM 6/1/2009 +0200, Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>>
>> 1/ what he wants to do on setuptools side to fix that problem
>
> Just as a reminder, I've already stated I have absolutely no clue what to do
> about this, as I don't even really understand the problem.  I also don't see
> why it wouldn't be easier to fix on the distutils side, since it's the
> distutils that changed to create the problem in the first place.

Distutils is not on the top of setuptools. It's the contrary.

How do you expect a software to continue to work when its code base
doesn't evolve anymore
while the rest of the world it relies on evolves ?

The last commit is 7 months old.

Setuptools is also broken under Python 3, and this is not due to that change.
Some people have tried to port it but failed.