[Distutils] PEP 345, PEP 376, PEP 386

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Thu Jun 4 15:34:01 CEST 2009

On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:29 PM, Tarek Ziadé <ziade.tarek at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Jun 4, 2009 at 3:23 PM, Brian Sutherland
> <brian at vanguardistas.net> wrote:
>>
>> So, with setuptools I was running this while building a package:
>>
>>    python2.X setup,py install --single-version-externally-managed
>> --root=debian/$(package) --install-data=usr/lib/$(package)
>>
>> So, now I would need to run this:
>>
>>    python2.X setup,py install --root=debian/$(package)
>> --install-data=usr/lib/$(package) --installer
>> 7e2fccc88b1f74aeee3d37340e8183ed

Sorry, maybe I misunderstood your example. (if you see setuptools as a
distutils equivalent)

If you use setuptools to do your own 'manual' installer (by doing
debian-specific stuff), then
yes, you could force the --installer option to avoid
distutils/setuptools to remove it

My previous explanation is still OK though