[Distutils] Packaging: bdist_deb patches

Gerry Reno greno at verizon.net
Fri Jun 5 20:22:21 CEST 2009

Gerry Reno wrote:
> Tarek,
> Speaking of packaging patches. Would there be any chance that you
> could get the 'bdist_deb' patches integrated in Distutils prior to PyCon?
Hi Tarek,
Has there been any progress on getting the 'bdist_deb' target (akin to
'bdist_rpm') implemented in Distutils? We are looking for behavior that
would be similar to bdist_rpm driven by setup.cfg with fully automated
generation of packages. There is in existence a set of patches that
supposedly does this. Has any progress been made to integrate those patches?