[Distutils] Packaging: bdist_deb patches

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Wed Jun 10 16:30:26 CEST 2009

On Jun 5, 2009, at 12:22 PM, Gerry Reno wrote:

> Has there been any progress on getting the 'bdist_deb' target (akin
> to 'bdist_rpm') implemented in Distutils? We are looking for
> behavior that would be similar to bdist_rpm driven by setup.cfg
> with fully automated generation of packages. There is in existence
> a set of patches that supposedly does this. Has any progress been
> made to integrate those patches?

I use stdeb for this purpose:

http://pypi.python.org/pypi/stdeb

For example, here is a buildbot which automatically builds a new .deb
from the Python source whenever a new patch is committed to the
revision control repository:

http://allmydata.org/buildbot-pycryptopp/builders/linux-amd64-ubuntu-
hardy-yukyuk/builds/82/steps/stdeb/logs/stdio

Regards,

Zooko