[Distutils] Using setuptools as downloader for .msi/.exe

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at goebel-consult.de
Sat Jun 27 16:20:52 CEST 2009

P.J. Eby schrieb:

> See the setuptools.package_index module.  You probably want to
> subclass
> PackageIndex, and use your own versions of the distros_for_location()
> or interpret_distro_name() functions.

Thanks for the tips.

The task requires monkey-patching a "decorated" distros_for_location, a
new version of parse_bdist_winexe (not monkey-patched) and a new
function parse_bdist_winexe.

I decided against subclassing PackageIndex, since this would require
much more code duplication. (Some of the required methods are quite
large and call distros_for_location at the and anyway.)

For the records I'll post the download link here, as soon as the modules
is published.

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de