[Distutils] easy_install fails on sourceforge?

Sridhar Ratnakumar SridharR at activestate.com
Tue Jun 30 19:37:18 CEST 2009

On 6/30/2009 5:25 AM, David Lyon wrote:
> ok - so on the one hand you are suggesting that people use pypi and
> then on the other you are suggesting that activestate will have
> its own package repository....

ActiveState uses PyPI to get package tarballs in first place. So, for
example, if John uploads "Foo 0.1" to PyPI (at least register an entry
.. and point the download URL of tarball), then it will become
automatically available in the ActiveState repository.

Just like how ppm works with CPAN.

I am also adding some functionality to z3c.pypimirror with respect to
its external download features .. with the intent to submit patches back
to the developers.

-srid