[Distutils] easy_install fails on sourceforge?

Hartmut Goebel h.goebel at goebel-consult.de
Tue Jun 30 20:05:29 CEST 2009

Hi,

P.J. Eby schrieb:

> Second, Sourceforge has changed their pages again so that they no longer
> give direct links to downloadable files; instead, they link to a
> "downloading.php" which setuptools does not recognize as a downloadable
> file.

For my usecase I appended this to PackageIndex.process_url():

SF_ONCLICK =
re.compile(r"""onClick\s*=\s*"\s*init_download\(\s*'(.*?)'\);\s*\"""", re.I)

        # handle sourceforge links
        for match in SF_ONCLICK.finditer(page):
            link = urlparse.urljoin(base, htmldecode(match.group(1)))
            self.process_url(link)

This checks the onClick attribute.

Not nice, but works.

--
Schönen Gruß - Regards
Hartmut Goebel

Goebel Consult
Spezialist für IT-Sicherheit in komplexen Umgebungen
http://www.goebel-consult.de