[Distutils] problem with http://nightly.ziade.org/distribute_setup.py

Chris Withers chris at simplistix.co.uk
Thu Sep 10 15:29:39 CEST 2009

Tarek Ziadé wrote:
>> How many forks of how many projects do you want?
>
> I am not forking anything. I don't plan to integrate Distribute in zc.buildout
> right now.

Right, so people have to use a special bootstrap.py to get distribute?
That bootstrap.py will diverge from the one in buildout at some point
causing problems.

> As Jim said, and as I repeated, the only thing that could be possibly done in
> zc.buildout is to make it compatible with any pre-requested distribution
> (distribute/setuptools/etc).

Huh? The branch I have is all but complete... Well, it was until you
pulled the rug out from underneath me by not sticking to the backwards
compatibility you promised...

Chris

            - http://www.simplistix.co.uk