[Distutils] SIP/PyQt and distutils

Zooko Wilcox-O'Hearn zooko at zooko.com
Sun Sep 27 18:42:03 CEST 2009

On Sunday,2009-09-27, at 3:46 , Jeremy Sanders wrote:

> distutils compiles C++ files with gcc (not g++) and uses invalid
> compiler arguments on this Ubuntu system.

This setup.py works to build C++ files on Ubuntu:

http://allmydata.org/trac/pycryptopp/browser/setup.py

I'm not sure that you really need to explicitly invoke "g++" for
anything nowadays.  Modern "gcc" notices that the input is C++ and
compiles it accordingly.

Could you be more specific about what doesn't work?

See also the C++ sig, where they have a lot more expertise about this:

http://www.python.org/community/sigs/current/cplusplus-sig/

Regards,

Zooko