[Distutils] 'setup.py develop' w/ extras?

Sridhar Ratnakumar sridharr at activestate.com
Mon Aug 23 19:44:44 CEST 2010

I use the 'develop' command instead of 'install' as it does not copy the source files to site-packages, and I can continue developing on the working copy .. thanks to .egg-link. My project also has 'extras' dependencies. Is there a way to get these dependencies installing automatically with the develop command?

None of the options that 'setup.py develop' takes seem to be applicable to the extra dependencies.