[Distutils] disutils2 and python 2.4

Nicholas Bower nick at petangent.net
Wed Mar 17 11:16:19 CET 2010

I joined the list after this discussion:

and want to point out that even the most recent versions of Zope 2.x for
example still recommend Python 2.4.

In other words, there are probably alot of web apps out there (eg think
about sites on Plone CMS) potentially running Python 2.4.  I run a dedicated
Python 2.4 just for Plone for example (the buildout of which is based on
virtualenv and setuptools anyway I guess).

Whether distutils2 would be used by these projects of course is another
matter.  Just pointing out Python 2.4 is absolutely not unimportant.