[Distutils] log.py->logging ; trac for distutils2

Tarek Ziadé ziade.tarek at gmail.com
Fri Mar 26 11:33:46 CET 2010

On Fri, Mar 26, 2010 at 8:18 AM, Zubin Mithra <zubin.mithra at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> While going through the distutils code base i realized that logging
> was performed with a "log.py" module similar to the logging module in
> stdlib.
>
> Apparently, it documented that the idea was to replace the current
> system using the "logging" module at some point, but it seems that it
> has`nt been done. I`ve made the necessary modifications and will
> upload to bitbucket tomorrow.

that was planned so yes, great that you have done it ! l'll check your work asap

> I`ll also do the same for distutils so that maybe, its a backport for distutils?

No, distutils is frozen, so this is not necessary

> I had found that this was a pending task by looking through the
> code-base; and the task was quite trivial. I feel that it would be
> great if distutils2 had a "trac" of some sort where we could have
> tickets related to it.
>
> As distutils2 is not part of the python stdlib as of now, it would be
> inappropriate to have those tickets at bugs.python.org , i presume.

distutils2 issues are in bugs.python.org as well (there's a disutils2 component)
since it's going back in the sdtlib eventually,

Regards,
Tarek

Tarek Ziadé | http://ziade.org