[Distutils] log.py->logging ; trac for distutils2

P.J. Eby pje at telecommunity.com
Fri Mar 26 19:23:34 CET 2010

At 12:48 PM 3/26/2010 +0530, Zubin Mithra wrote:
>I had found that this was a pending task by looking through the
>code-base; and the task was quite trivial.

Did you take into consideration the effect of the -v and -q flags,
both at the global and specific-command levels?  If not, backporting
it to the main distutils might be a problem.  (Also, ISTR that the
logging module by default sends things to stderr that distutils
currently sends to stdout; that might be a backwards compatibility
issue as well.)