[Distutils] setuptools download error?

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Sun Apr 3 22:05:58 CEST 2011

Hi,

My setuptools-using colleagues have problems with downloading
setuptools.  Initially I suspected the 0.6c12-r12345something releases,
that old release numbers were disappearing. But that's apparently not
the case, even though having such version numbers downloaded by a
standard buildout bootstrap worries me a bit.

I tried using "wget" to download one such release and it also failed. It
would download 95% of the file and then stall...

Pinning setuptools to 06c11 (the latest stable) worked like a charm:
that one downloaded just fine (or was already available in the cache,
probably).

Is there something wrong with the peak server? Should I fix something on
our end? (I'm using distribute myself, so I don't have this problem).

Reinout