[Distutils] Distribute: Running 2to3 on just some files/directories

Vladimir Perić vlada.peric at gmail.com
Sat Jun 25 01:37:55 CEST 2011

Hi,

I've got a Distribute question: We bundle a library in our
application. The library is already py3k compatible but we need to use
2to3 for our code. Is there a way to tell Distribute to skip a
directory? Or, alternatively, to feed it a list of to run 2to3 on
directly. I looked at the relevant code (in build_py) but I can't seem
to get it. How does Distribute know which files have changed? Perhaps
we could "trick" it into thinking that directory hasn't changed so
that it wouldn't run 2to3 on it. If this is not possible at all, I'd
be willing to code it for Distribute (provided someone gives me some
pointers).

Thanks!

[I might've sent this twice, I'm not sure. Sorry if that's the case!]

--
Vladimir Perić