[Distutils] pythonv: let's also make sure the standard Python install includes an "isolated" python

Carl Meyer carl at oddbird.net
Thu Mar 17 20:46:52 CET 2011

On 03/17/2011 01:53 PM, Jim Fulton wrote:
> It occurs to me that it would be nice if site.py could grow knowledge
> of whether -S was used and not automatically mutate the path if -S was
> used.  That would allow -S to work robustly without having to link
> anything or create a config file.

This seems entirely sensible to me (and quite easy to implement). I
can't imagine why anyone would be relying on being able to do "python
-S" and later import site and get the path modifications automatically,
so it seems pretty much like a straightforward bugfix. And the fix is a
one-liner. Issue filed with patch: http://bugs.python.org/issue11591

Carl