[Distutils] pythonv, take two

Carl Meyer carl at oddbird.net
Thu Mar 17 20:51:36 CET 2011

On 03/17/2011 03:16 PM, Barry Warsaw wrote:
> I dunno.  I tend to think python-ideas are where ideas go to die. ;)  I think
> we have general consensus that this is a good idea, and we just need to hash
> out the details.  So I personally think python-dev is fine at this point.

Seems like it can't hurt to at least ping python-ideas about it (and
follow the documented process). I can be pretty clear that distutils-sig
already thinks it's a good idea in principle, there's no reason we have
to let it die in python-ideas. And who knows, someone there may have
some good ideas...

Carl