[Distutils] easy_install doesn't work when there are multiple Content-Length headers

Hoang Xuan Phu phunehehe at gmail.com
Mon Mar 28 17:08:53 CEST 2011

Hi all,

Just today I'm using easy_install to install mechanize and it is failing
with the error "ValueError: invalid literal for int() with base 10: '382727,
382727'". By reading the source code and looking at the headers I see that
the server is returning 2 Content-Length headers (same value, 382727), which
is turned into '382727, 382727'. Fixing this should be very easy and I can
do it then submit a patch. I'm just wondering, as distutils seem to be in a
forking process, what's the best way to solve this?

Hoàng Xuân Phú