[Distutils] Installing the dependencies in the develop egg setup.py

Reinout van Rees reinout at vanrees.org
Thu Sep 8 10:18:10 CEST 2011

On 07-09-11 21:59, L. Guruprasad wrote:
> and my setup.py will have 'recaptcha-client' in 'install_requires'
> field. The develop egg will need the 'recaptcha-client', but buildout
> doesn't install it with the above configuration. Have I understood
> buildout incorrectly that I am trying something that is also incorrect?

The one think you're missing: you're not telling buildout to actually
install/do anything!

With your buildout.cfg, buildout *does* make the develop egg including
recaptcha client available to any part that might need it. But in this
buildout, you don't have any parts.

As an example, look in your bin/buildout. THere's a sys.path thingy in
there with setuptools and buildout. You'll need something else in there
with wsb and recaptcha and so in sys.path.

Can you add "console_scripts" to your parts list and then add this part
and try again?

[console_scripts]
recipe = zc.recipe.egg
interpreter = python
eggs = ${buildout:eggs}

And then check the contents of bin/python.

Reinout

--
Reinout van Rees                    http://reinout.vanrees.org/
reinout at vanrees.org             http://www.nelen-schuurmans.nl/