[Distutils] bug in z3c.recipe.scripts

Paul Korzhyk paul.korzhyk at gmail.com
Thu Feb 14 13:36:07 CET 2013

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a workaround for this issue (tail of the stack trace only):

  File "/Users/paulkorzhyk/Projects/foobar/eggs/z3c.recipe.scripts-1.0.1-py2.7.egg/z3c/recipe/scripts/__init__.py", line 1, in <module>
    from z3c.recipe.scripts.scripts import Scripts, Interpreter

  File "/Users/paulkorzhyk/Projects/foobar/eggs/z3c.recipe.scripts-1.0.1-py2.7.egg/z3c/recipe/scripts/scripts.py", line 19, in <module>

    from zc.recipe.egg.egg import ScriptBase

ImportError: cannot import name ScriptBase

It's quite frustrating that z3c.recipe.scripts page on pypi doesn't link to a real project page or mailing list.
Can anyone suggest a workaround or file a bug on a proper tracker?

I've come across this article: http://blog.gocept.com/2012/11/09/python-2-and-3-compatible-builds-with-zc-buildout/
but for some reason manual version-fixing didn't work on my machine. Will look into it again tomorrow.

--
Paul Korzhyk