[Distutils] Trouble building visual python extension on MacOSX 10.8... with python3.2

Ned Deily nad at acm.org
Mon Feb 18 23:18:17 CET 2013

In article <80A14FCD-7722-437F-A030-D5A71E4F43A6 at spvi.com>,
 Steve Spicklemire <steve at spvi.com> wrote:

> Aha! I think this turned out to be the trouble.
>
> THANK YOU!

Glad it helped.

> Anyway.. I appreciate your suggestion to use the oldest supported system, but
> it's getting harder to keep such system around!

Yes but a more practical solution is to use virtual OS X machines.
Although, technically speaking, the license text for older releases of
OS X did not allow them to be run as VMs, the latest releases (10.7+) do
as long as they are run on OS X hosts.  For older releases (10.5 and
10.6), there are a couple of tricks needed to make the client work; they
should be easily googleable.  I've had great success with VMware Fusion.

--
 Ned Deily,
 nad at acm.org