[Distutils] PyPI upload failed (302): Moved Temporarily

Maurits van Rees m.van.rees at zestsoftware.nl
Wed Jul 3 21:39:25 CEST 2013

Op 02-07-13 13:47, W. Trevor King schreef:
> Hello list!
>
> I'm having a bit of trouble getting a new package setup on PyPI.  I've
> done this a few times in the past, but maybe not since the wiki
> hacking that inspired the HTTPS transition back in February.  I did
> change my password back then, so I don't think that's the problem.
> Anyhow, with the old URL (still mentioned in the distutils docs [1]):
>
>    http://www.python.org/pypi
>
> in my ~/.pypirc, I get:
>
>    $ python setup.py register -r pypi
>    running register
>    running check
>    Registering pycalendar to http://www.python.org/pypi
>    Server response (403): You are not allowed to store 'pycalendar' package information
>
> With https://pypi.python.org/ in my ~/.pypirc, I get:
>
>    $ python setup.py register -r pypi
>    running register
>    running check
>    Registering pycalendar to https://pypi.python.org/
>    Server response (200): OK
>
> Ok, how about uploading a tarball?  With the https:// URL:
>
>    $ python setup.py sdist upload -r pypi
>> 	running upload
>    Submitting dist/pycalendar-0.1.tar.gz to https://pypi.python.org/
>    Upload failed (302): Moved Temporarily
>
> With the http:// URL:
>
>    $ python setup.py sdist upload -r pypi
>>    running upload
>    Submitting dist/pycalendar-0.1.tar.gz to http://www.python.org/pypi
>    Upload failed (403): You are not allowed to edit 'pycalendar' package information
>
> What am I doing wrong?
>
> Thanks,
> Trevor
>
> [1]: http://docs.python.org/3/distutils/packageindex.html#the-pypirc-file

I'll post my ~/.pypirc below for comparison.  I have a second
index-server, which you should not need.  Note that I did not enter a
repository url for pypi, so apparently that is not necessary.

[distutils]
index-servers =
     pypi
     plone

[pypi]
username:maurits
password:secret

[plone]
repository:http://plone.org/products
username:maurits
password:secret

If you have basically the same, then triple check that you have the
correct username and password, that you have probably already done that.
  Maybe change the password again just to be sure.

BTW, I am using Python 2.6 or 2.7. I guess it works the same with Python
3 though.

--
Maurits van Rees: http://maurits.vanrees.org/
Zest Software: http://zestsoftware.nl