[Distutils] b.pypi.python.org

ken cochrane kencochrane at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 13:43:18 CEST 2013

b.pypi.python.org is an official mirror that runs on Google App engine, and
it uses a special mirror package built just for GAE. Code for it is found
here. https://bitbucket.org/loewis/pypi-appengine

b.pypi.python.org has been broken for over 104 days according to
http://www.pypi-mirrors.org, and this is because of an issue when we
switched pypi over to serving over SSL.

I have submitted a pull request to fix this.
https://bitbucket.org/loewis/pypi-appengine/pull-request/2/change-pypi-mirror-connection-to-https/diff#comment-262919
but it hasn't been accepted.

I am one of the maintainers of b.pypi.python.org, so I can see the logs and
push out a new version.
I haven't needed to push a version out before, and I'm a little hesitant
incase I do it wrong and break something.

I also don't want to push code to GAE from my fork, until my PR gets
accepted or else someone else in the future might deploy the original one
again and remove my fix.

Two things:

1. Now that we have the pypi CDN up, do we still need this mirror?

2. If yes to 1. if someone can take a minute to review my PR, and leave
comments, or if you have the power, accept my pull request and push out a
new version so we can get the mirror up to date.

Thank you,
Ken Cochrane