[Distutils] Continuous Deployment Style Build System for Python (Requesting Feedback)

James Carpenter nawkboy+distutils at gmail.com
Thu May 16 21:52:07 CEST 2013

Please take a look and let us know what you think.

Please include feedback on any confusion or errors in the docs too, so we
can fix them.

Defend Against Fruit is focused on providing a pragmatic,
continuous deployment style build system for Python.
Current Python build systems do not properly account for
the needs of effective continuous deployment. This package
extends the Python tooling to add the missing pieces.

With an eye to agile development principles and fast-feedback,
we want a build system which satisfies the following goals:

* Every SCM change-set committed should result in a
  potentially shippable release candidate.

* When a defect is introduced, we want to immediately detect
  and isolate the offending SCM change-set. This is true
  even if the defect was introduced into a library we depend upon.

* Library management should be so easy as to never impede code changes,
  even in multi-component architecture.

More details available at: http://teamfruit.github.io/defend_against_fruit/

License: Apache Public License v2

Authors: