[Distutils] Using Scripts\foo.exe on a python which doesn't have Distribute installed?

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Sat May 25 10:06:03 CEST 2013

>>... or use a script that doesn't depend on entry points

not desirable, as we like the .exe entry points creates and don't want
to use a batch file (the "are you sure you want to quit?" message on
ctrl-c is annoying)

>>, or copy your script to
>> "foo-script.py" alongside the .exe launcher, and manually include
>> those two files as scripts (not using entry points) in your setup()
>> definition.

Would you please expand on this? The .exe launcher seems to depend on
entry points, or I'm doing something wrong (entirely likely).

thanks,

-matt