[Distutils] Using Scripts\foo.exe on a python which doesn't have Distribute installed?

Matt Wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Sun May 26 06:47:55 CEST 2013

> Being able to assume the presence of Python on the target system but
> *not* the presence of pkg_resources is a fairly idiosyncratic case,
> which is why you haven't been able to find much specific info on
> handling it.

This might be a Windows thing. I'm coming primarily from that
background, where for most "if it doesn't have a GUI  installer, it
doesn't exist", and Distribute doesn't have an installer. I guess it's
idiosyncratic because those coming before me on a similar path would
have just gravitated to NSIS or similar for this need.

-matt