[Distutils] Draft PEP for JSON based metadata published

holger krekel holger at merlinux.eu
Wed May 29 20:36:33 CEST 2013

Hi Nick,

On Mon, May 27, 2013 at 21:36 +1000, Nick Coghlan wrote:
> After preliminary reviews by Donald and Daniel, I have now pushed the
> first complete draft of the JSON-based metadata 2.0 proposal to
> python.org
>
> PEP 426 (metadata 2.0): http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0426/

After a first quick read i am wondering if i missed something
with respect to test tools.  There are some fields which specify
dependencies required for running tests, but there is nothing that
would tell which test runner to use, which test command to invoke,
or am i missing something?

Basically i am wondering how PEP426 could be useful/used by tox.
best,

holger